All of the facts
The chance to be in the heart of the UK economy in a well connected Enterprise Zone Status location. An established highly skilled local workforce and a diverse education, training & technical research sector is on your doorstep.
i54 South Staffordshire offers:
- Prestigious location with direct motorway access at the heart of the UK motorway network.
- Access to a workforce of over 550,000 people within a 30 minute drive time. There are over 3 million people of working age within a 20 mile radius. 2.7 million have qualifications above NVQ level 2 and 24% have a degree or equivalent qualification.
- Only 3 miles from Wolverhampton city centre with all of the amenities you would expect from a major city as well as strong rail and local bus routes.
- Enterprise Zone Status has been allocated to i54 South Staffordshire. This includes 100% business rate relief worth up to £275,000 over a 5 year period for businesses that move onto i54, from outside the Enterprise Zone. Superfast broadband will also be available.
- Situated within an environment that provides wonderful lifestyle choices including beautiful countryside, affordable and executive housing options, excellent sport and leisure facilities.
- Very competitive labour, property and operational costs.
- The West Midlands is the manufacturing heartland of the UK with a workforce well adapted to flexible working and with a wide range of production skills.
- The 16 Midlands Higher Education Institutions (14 of which are represented as members of the Deans of Engineering & Technology Alliance) produce 13,400 graduates every year with the University of Wolverhampton alone delivering 1,000 graduates in technology-based subjects. The West Midlands has 10 Universities, 8 Science Parks and 2 of the UK’s top 5 business schools.
- West Midlands Universities have some outstanding R&D facilities in areas such as advanced manufacturing, design, rapid prototyping and computing along with a highly successful Technology Transfer programme in place at the University of Wolverhampton.
- Several schools are running programmes to encourage children towards a career in advanced manufacturing. The Black Country University Technical College offers engineering & science courses.
- There are 23,500 high technology and automotive related businesses within 1 hour of i54 employing 330,000 people. Automotive manufacturing and the supply chain is extensively represented in the region. R&D and Aerospace are also important established sectors whilst Environmental Technologies is a fast emerging sector.
Before downloading a PDF we kindly request that you supply us with some basic information. We will not pass these details onto ANY third party, and your contact details are purely to allow us to assist you with any questions you might have: